Did you know that for a long time now, the traditional one year anniversary gift has been something made out of paper? Well, you heard it right. The modern gift, however, is usually a clock. Nonetheless, both perform the same function but it is certainly a fact that goes without mentioning that many people prefer paper.
Paper Anniversary Gift
The paper gifts are normally preferred for a number of reasons. Top on that list is the ease of personalizing your gift to capture exactly what is in your mind, be it something romantic or playful.
HOW OLD IS THE ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY TRADITION?
The act of celebrating first anniversary in marriage and giving gifts on that particular day can be traced back to 1837-1901, a period that is well known as the Victorian Era.
You might be wondering why people celebrate this anniversary and why give paper as a gift instead of other materials, right? Well, don’t worry. There are many theories making rounds as to why paper is used but the simplest of all is the fact that paper is a readily available material.
OTHER PAPER THEORIES:
- Paper stands for a true interweaving of the couples’ lives
- Paper symbolizes the fragile state of marriage and why it should be held with a lot of care
- Paper signifies a blank page that the couple can start writing together the beginning of their story
WHAT SORT OF PAPER GIFTS ARE PERFECT FOR THE ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY GIFT?
Different people have different tastes. Some of the paper gifts that you can give your true love include paper jewelry, art sketches and stationery.
HOW CAN YOU MAKE YOUR ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL?
- Give her something that ties in from your wedding day
- Following the tradition of the first anniversary gift by giving paper
- Give her something breath-taking
- Make it unique and romantic
- Most importantly give her something that is personalized and customized for her
A ROMANTIC ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY GIFT
Many people like something creative and unique. You definitely want a one year anniversary gift that will take her breathe away. A paper gift that has the power to move her can be, as her wedding day was the day she has been dreaming of since she was a little girl. So use something from her wedding day, whether it is her dress, flowers or jewelry. Capturing that moment to last a lifetime.